COVID Update: Masks are required in healthcare settings regardless of vaccine status. Everyone — patients, staff, and visitors — must continue to wear face coverings in our offices. We appreciate your help in maintaining a safe environment for our patients and employees.
Child’s First Visit
We have several important goals during your child’s first visit to our office. First, we want to introduce your child to staff and the dental setting in as non-threatening a way as possible.
- To provide pleasant introductions to the dental setting and staff, an overall positive experience for your child.
- To perform a comprehensive exam and assessment of your child’s dental health and needs, both now and future.
- To obtain radiographs when possible in order to provide important additional diagnostic information.
- To perform preventive measures such as cleaning, topical fluoride application, oral hygiene instructions and dietary guidance.
- To provide the parents or guardians a thorough analysis of the child’s dental and oral status, including restorative needs, orthodontic treatment needs, and home care recommendations.
- To provide an assessment of treatment methods that would best serve, given your child’s behavior and abilities.
Dental health is important, and it’s important to us that your child feels comfortable receiving the necessary attention to ensure the health of their smile. We understand the dentist’s office can be scary, which is why we take special care to help your little ones feel comfortable on their first trip in.
We do our best to explain to your child what to expect so there are no surprises. During their visit, it is our goal to examine the development of their mouth, including: crowding, appearance of calcium deposits, abnormalities in number of teeth, baby bottle tooth decay, gum disease, TMJ, and signs of prolonged problems such as thumb-sucking and teething. We also like to educate them on proper brushing methods and dental care, and letting them be a part of the process concerning their dental health so that they can develop life-long habits.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT NOW!
The doctor would love to meet you and your family and provide you with the dental care you deserve!
We are proud to offer the latest pediatric dental care advancements and techniques.
Why Choose Our Practice
Kind & Hospitable
We designed the new practice with children in mind! From the toys and video games in our colorful waiting room to our children-themed treatment rooms, we provide our patients with a fun, comfortable and enjoyable dental experience.
Flexible Financing Options
No Insurance, no problem! At Redwood Smiles Children's Dentistry & Orthodontics, we strive to make dental care accessible for all children and will do our utmost to work with our patients to create affordable payment plans.
We serve the great people of Redwood City. Please don't hesitate to give us a call, and we will gladly assist you with driving instructions from your area. All we ask is that you please drive carefully.
What the Monsters Say!
We are so happy to share what our amazing patients have had to say about their experience at Redwood Smiles! We can't wait to help you smile.
"I really enjoyed the experience here. They made my teeth look awesome and the workers are super nice!
Review on Google
"My son has been going to Redwood smiles for a few years now and loves it here! Staff is always friendly
Review on Google
"Great service, friendly staff and great customer service at front desk
Review on Google
Contact our Friendly Staff Today!
Monday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Tuesday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 7:00am - 4:00pm
Saturday: By Appointment
© 2023 Redwood Smiles